calling all 6 followers of my blog!! mike and i are planning our summertime and 3 weeks of this will be with joel and raych (brother and sister in law, for those who do not know..). so *very* excited!!! we are thinking about getting down to greece and turkey, (after we show them around prague,) but would like some advice on what places to hit, how much time we would need, just any tidbits of info and wisdom would be good. please share! thank you.
this could be rachel and i. in greece. and turkey. and definitely looking a lot less awkward than these chicks.
.

5 comments:
greece and turkey. GREECE AND TURKEY. would it be appropriate to abandon my family for a month or so???
YES! totally appropriate!
Hi Leah! I believe we've only met once before (at Carol's baby shower long ago) but I'm a friend of Heidi's. And Carol's. :)
Anyway... just wanted to say that we have been to both Greece and Turkey and you should DEFINITELY do both. We only had teeny tiny bits of time in both, because we were doing a Mediterranean cruise (ps: NOT the way to see Europe, but hey, it was almost free), but a MUST see in Turkey, is Izmir. Just outside of Izmir is Ephesus and it is BEYOND WORDS INCREDIBLE. Truly amazing. Istanbul is also a must. Once you get there, you'll be able to figure out all of the big tourist attractions (Haggia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the underground cisterns, the Grand Bazarre, etc.) and you should definitely do them all. Again, amazing.
As for Greece, we only made it to Katakolon (which is where Olympia is-- the grounds of the very first Olympic games). I personally, probably wouldn't waste time there. Cool, but not all that much to see. I have heard that the Greek islands are TO DIE FOR, though so I'd go for any of those.
Anyway... this is getting long. Just thought I'd give my two cents :) Happy travelling! I'm super envious. ;)
You have to eat krumpir's in turkey and sing the song, "Istanbul is Constantinople." I will ask the girls and Brandon what they did.
thanks ladies!! we have now booked flights and going to squeeze in both! whoo!
Post a Comment